Wednesday, February 07, 2007

Secret Pal 10 Questionnaire

I've never done the whole SP thing before... just came across the questionnaire on another blog, and thought I would give it whirl. Since I work at the LYS, I'm sure I can come up with all sorts of lovelies for my SP! And, for whoever is assigned to moi, here is some handy and useful info:

1. What is/are your favorite yarn/s to knit with? What fibers do you absolutely *not* like?
I'm into the animal fibers: wool and alpaca are favorites, with a little silk thrown in for good measure. I love all things Noro... the more rainbow-like the better! I'm not a huge fan of cotton, but I will knit with it if it is especially lovely.

2. What do you use to store your needles/hooks in?
I have a felted cylinder that everything goes into. My dpn's are sequestered in a case made of felt. Yeah, I could probably be a bit more organized ;-)

3. How long have you been knitting & how did you learn? Would you consider your skill level to be beginner, intermediate or advanced?
I taught myself when I was 18 on vacation in Scotland. After making a pair of socks that turned out like sweater sleeves, I went on hiatus for a few years. I've been knitting consistently for the past 5 years and consider myself somewhere between intermediate and advanced.

4. Do you have an Amazon or other online wish list?
Nope- I like surprises!

5. What's your favorite scent?
Lavender

6. Do you have a sweet tooth? Favorite candy?
Kind of... I am a fan of all things Godiva and any other candy that is artisinal in nature

7. What other crafts or Do-It-Yourself things do you like to do? Do you spin?
Yes, I spin, do leaded/fused glass, lotsa mixed-media work... if I can make it with my own two hands, I'll try it!

8. What kind of music do you like? Can your computer/stereo play MP3s? (if your buddy wants to make you a CD)
Just about everything save for cheesy country and death metal. If I had to choose, bluegrass and GOOD hip hop (AKA poetry set to a beat, folks like Mos Def & Mr. Lif) are my faves- yes, my computer can play the MP3's

9. What's your favorite color(s)? Any colors you just can't stand?
Love purples, blues, and greens. I am into most colors, but yellow is not for me!

10. What is your family situation? Do you have any pets?
I'm married, and have kids covered in fur. Japhy, a black lab, and Fiona, the cat

11. Do you wear scarves, hats, mittens or ponchos?
Everything 'cept the ponchos. I love scarves and hats!

12. What is/are your favorite item/s to knit?
Hats, mittens, and socks

13. What are you knitting right now?
Some socks, a hat, and a lace shawl

14. Do you like to receive handmade gifts?
But of course!

15. Do you prefer straight or circular needles? Bamboo, aluminum, plastic?
I prefer circs, esp Addi Turbos

16. Do you own a yarn winder and/or swift?
Lucky me, I have both!

17. How old is your oldest UFO?
3 months old

18. What is your favorite holiday?
Christmas

19. Is there anything that you collect?
hmmm... I dig on shells, crystals... anything beautiful that comes from nature.

20. Any books, yarns, needles or patterns out there you are dying to get your hands on? What knitting magazine subscriptions do you have?
I do not have any subscriptions, but I regularly buy Fiber Arts, Spin Off, and Interweave Knits. Also love Quilting Arts and Textile Fibre Forum, as well as Knit Knit. I have lotsa knitting books, but would love to get any of Barbara Walker's Treasuries. As far as yarn, Sea Silk is something I would love to play with! (Geez, I sound like I have expensive tastes! Don't worry, I'm just as happy with some dishcloth cotton.)

21. Are there any new techniques you'd like to learn?
I've played with a lot of techniques, and would love to master lace knitting.

22. Are you a sock knitter? What are your foot measurements?
Yes! I am a size 8, average width.

23. When is your birthday? September 15

Thank you in advance kind SP!

No comments: