This seems to be la meme du jour, and while I do not usually do such things, I do enjoy talking about myself. So, here are Six Weird Things About Me:
1. I have three kidneys. #3 is not functional, it just kinda hangs out there. This was discovered when I was 13, having strange abdominal pain, and doctors did all sorts of x-rays and such to find out what was going on. No diagnosis for over 5 years, when it was discovered that I have polycystic ovaries and a touch of the endometriosis.
2. I sneeze when I eat peppermints. Not because I am allergic, but the minty vapors tickle my sinuses in a funny way. I used to think everyone did this. Apparently, this is not the case.
3. I am married to a federal agent. To most, this may not seem weird. To many of my friends, this came as a shock, considering that I was raised a half-wild hippie chick in the NW by some verrry counterculture kinda parents. Just goes to show that Cupid has a sense of humor.
4. I hate ketchup, mustard, and mayonnaise. With a passion.
5. I learned how to shoot a gun when I was, oh, about 7 years old. Maybe that's part of the reason I was given a soulmate who carries a gun as part of his job.
6. I prefer rainy days to sunny ones. Extra points for really cold days with lotsa snow.
I saw a nice variation of this on Bezzie's blog: Six Things That Piss Me Off. Speaking of Bezzie, she has put together a very bitchin' giveaway of goodness (Kootchie Awareness Yarn Extravaganza) inspired by a cause close to her heart (cervical cancer)- and all you have to do is get a Pap smear to be entered (or, as she calls it, a "Cooter Rootin"). Check out her blog to see the details. OK, worthy plug aside, here are six things that piss me off:
1. Hypocrisy. Especially that which is rampant in the fundamentalist moral minority.
2. Friends that kick you to the curb simply because of what yer husband does for a living. For some people, smoking pot is more important that solid friendship.
3. Restaurants that serve substandard food. It is not hard to make things taste good. Sometimes, a little pinch of salt and/or herbs will do wonders.
4. The Resident and his cronies and all of these bastardly things they have done.
5. People who treat their pets poorly. Everything you ever wanted to know about a person can be summed up in how they treat their animal(s).
6. The fact that Paris Hilton has been paid $1 million to attend the Vienna Opera Ball. This is a centuries-old tradition that used to only be attended by the bluest of the bluebloods. Now, the nouveaux riches have moved in and are inviting people like Ms. Hilton. WTF? They should have invited me instead- at least I have more than one functioning brain cell, remember to wear panties, and don't have my dirty laundry all over the Internets because I forgot to pay my storage bill.