Friday, February 09, 2007

Hats=Crack for Knitters

So, after finishing the Diamusee hat, my needles were beckoning me to cast on yet another! I had no control over the situation- I think I may be a hat addict.
Why I love hats:
  • They are quick to knit, even at a fine gauge.

  • Everybody loves hats, just about. I know that I can never have too many.

  • I can put them on consignment at the LYS and make a profit because of the minimal labor cost.

  • If they do not sell at the shop, then they make a great gift. (Yeah, that's tacky. "Ummm, hey, here's a hat, made just for you, that no one else wanted to buy..." What the hell, I am tacky!)

  • They are a great use for small quantities of yarn, as shown below:

This is a hat that will (hopefully) use only one ball of Kureyon to knit, using what may be my favorite "mindless-when-I-don't-feel-like-I'm-being-lobotomized-with-stockinette" stitch, Feather and Fan. It' s a simple knit, and I will post the pattern when the knitting is complete. Then, because I have an addictive personality, I will probably start another.

2 comments:

Bezzie said...

I enjoy a quick baby hat between projects to satisfy my need for instant gratification.

But hey, now that we're moving "up north" I'll actually be able to USE hats again!

Yarngineer said...

Since I have come across some other Alaskan Knitters, I thought I would start an Alaskan Knitters Blog Ring on ringsurf. That way we can all stay connected globally. I grew up for 22 years in Alaska, but currently live in South Carolina. Please feel free to join, and invite anyone else you know.

http://alaskanknitters.blogspot.com

Thanks,

Heather
Yarngineer